martes, 9 de julio de 2013

Journey to Technos - Scene 4

In Language Through Literature we read a play called Journey to Technos. When finished reading the story we had to do a task of rewriting the last scene of the story. This work we had to d it in groups, my group was Catalina Viola, Camila Peralta and Ignacio Cagide.

This is the book we made:


Scene 4

SETTING:City of Technos.

At RiseThe kids start running, and separate in different groups: Peter and Shannon. Ginny and Mike.  But Willie is alone.

Shannon:(Running to the circle of light.)Peter, PETER! I am so scared! Many bytes are following us! If we don’t escape quickly, they will absorb our minds!
Peter:(Running to the circle of light, too.) I will save you, Shannon. A lover always saves his love.
(Both stop running and look at each other’s face).
Shannon: What are you talking about? Are you in love with me?
Peter:(embarrassed) Yes…
Shannon: Oh… but… I just wanted us to be good friends. Just that…
Peter: Oh, I thought you were going to say that… And it is okay if you don’t love me, I understand that I am not the perfect boy. But I will always love YOU SHANNON and I won’t love anyone else in the world! I promise you that I will take care about you as if you were my girlfriend.
Shannon: I am really sorry! It is just that I wanted you as a friend, and not more than friends, if you understood me…. Everything would be easier….
Peter: It is okay Shannon, don’t worry.
Shannon:(Sad)Okay… (Happier because she saw Ginny and Mike) Look! Here come the others!
(Ginny and Mike arrive)
Ginny: Hi! Some bytes and bits are following us, but they aren’t as fast as we are. We have to escape from them! Quickly! Everybody! RUN!
Mike: But… Willie… he isn’t here, where is he?
Shannon: Let’s call him. Everybody shout “Willie” when I say three.
All:(Except Shannon) Okay.
Shannon: One… Two… and… THREE!!!
All:(screaming) WILLIE!!! WILLIE!!!
(They wait)
Shannon: Here he comes! Look!
Willie:(Arrives exhausted because he had been running)Come on everybody! We have to escape before the Supreme Technocrat sees us and catch us.
Mike: And we have to escape from the bytes and from the bits.
(They run to the circle of light)
(But when they are about to go home…)
Supreme Technocrat:(Appears in the circle of light) Stop! You won’t leave this perfect society. I spent millions of years creating it, and you won’t ruin it. (Supreme technocrat press a button that calls all the bytes, bits and commanders) Now you, my slaves, TAKE THEM TO SOMEWHERE AND ABSORB THEIR GREATFUL MINDS!
Ginny: NO!
(Everybody starts running. Bytes, bits and commanders catch Shannon, Peter, Mike, Willie and Ginny. A byte was putting a helmet to Shannon to absorb her mind.)
Peter: SHANNON! YOU WON’T DIE WITHOUT ME! (Peter hits the bytes that were holding him, and he jumps against one Byte.)
Supreme Technocrat: What are you thinking about little boy? (The Supreme Technocrat shot a laser to Peter, that hit him in his chest and he dies).
Shannon: PETER! YOU WANTED TO SAVE MY LIFE AND YOU ARE…DEAD! I am so sorry about it…
(The bytes take Shannon to absorb her mind).

Willie:(to Ginny) where is Mike?
(Ginny looks everywhere to see if she could find Mike)
Ginny: There! Killing the commanders!
(Mike kicks the commanders in the face, and he eliminates them.)
Supreme Technocrat:(To the bytes and bits) Dance! Make your “Don’t escape” dance! If you dance we will have more opportunities of keeping them here.
One Byte:(To the Supreme Technocrat) But we always do what you tell us to do and you never recompense us! We are tired of this single routine!
Supreme Technocrat:(After thinking it for a time)Okay. You know what? You are right. Now dance and I will recompense you later!
All bytes and Bits:(dancing)you won’t escape! You won’t escape from here! You are our prisoners!
(While the bytes were dancing, Willie eliminated some of them.)
(Bytes and bits get around Willie.)
Willie: Hey Mike, help me! I am in serious problems!
Mike: I am going Willie! Resist!
(Mike runs as fast as he could and finally he gets were Willie was. He hits some Bytes and Bits. And Willie is saved.)
Willie: Thank you Mike! I was hurt but I feel much better now! Because at least they have stopped hitting me!
Mike: Look that! It is amazing! Weren’t Shannon and Peter dead or something like that? Well, they are there!
Ginny: Yes! That’s right! But… They are… BYTES!
Mike: Oh no!
Willie:(Thinking) Yes… They are Bytes… But… We can bring them with us! If we just take the helmet they are wearing, we could save them!
Ginny: But, Willie, it is late now. They are Bytes like the others…
Willie: No, they seem to be Bytes but they are not. Notice that all the Bytes aren’t wearing helmets, but our friends are. So, I think that they are like in a transition stage.
Mike: They are in a transition stage? What is the transition?
Willie: They aren´t Bytes yet, for being Bytes the Supreme Technocrat must absorb their minds and hypnotize them. And he absorbs them with the helmets. So, if we take out the helmets to Peter and Shannon, they must be normal people again!
Ginny: But how will we do that?
Willie: Just wait and you will see…
(Willie runs towards Mike and Shannon and he takes out the helmets. Mike and Shannon are “alive” again. They return where Ginny and Mike were.)
Willie: You see, It wasn’t that difficult. They were being hypnotized so they couldn’t do anything! They couldn’t move either!
Shannon:(Trying to understand what had happened) Oh! Willie! You saved us! I am so happy!
Peter:(Jealous because Shannon demonstrated interest in Willie)Yes, yes, yes. We are alive. But all the bytes and bits are coming here to absorb our minds!
Mike: Yes, Willie always knows what to do but now he won’t!
(All the Bytes and Bits get were the kids were. They all start fighting)
Willie: All! Listen! Hit them in their face and destroy them!
(They fight. But a Byte capture Willie)
Willie: Mike! Help me! I won´t survive without your help!
Mike:(Thinks)Look Willie, I have always acted as you were my best friend, but I have always hated you. You were always the most intelligent, the one who always knew what to do. But that time is over. You stole MY girl, my job as Vice-president and my honor. Bye Willie, Ginny and me will pass the best time EVER.
Willie: Mike, I can’t believe it! You are such a silly boy!
Mike: Bad luck Willie, bye.
Ginny: Stop boys! Willie, you are a perfect boy, but I can’t stay here. And Mike, I want to go out, but Willie is my friend.
Mike: You know Ginny? You are losing opportunities. Chose now.
Ginny: I will escape my own. But, if the three escape, I will stay with Mike.
Willie: You decide. (Willie starts running, jumping and doing strange things.)
Mike: See you Ginny. (He runs to the circle of light) Wait…(To himself)What am I doing? Willie is my friend, he has always helped me. I am doing a mistake. (He runs very fast and he jumps against the bytes that were hypnotizing Willie.)
Mike: Willie, run! Run! RUN! (A commander jumps against Willie, and puts a helmet to him.)
Ginny: NO WILLIE! NO! (She starts crying.)
Mike: Ginny, we must run, or we will die!
Ginny: And Willie!?
Mike: we must leave him…. I’m sorry.
Ginny: Okay…..my life is over. (They start running to the circle of light)
Mike: Ready?
Ginny: Yes. (They step on the circle of light. But the supreme technocrat shot a laser to Ginny, who has to stay out of the circle of light and can’t go with Mike to Willie´s house.)
Mike: GINNY!
Ginny:Mikeee!!!! MIKE!! MMMMMIIIIKKKKEEE!!! MIIIIIIKEEEE!!! (Mike doesn’t hear anymore Ginny’s voice. Ginny was taken somewhere, with Shannon, Peter and Willie, where the Supreme Technocrat absorbs their minds.)






Years later, Shannon became the wife of the Supreme technocrat, and she was called Lady Technocrat. Ginny became a commander, the boss of all the commanders.  And Mikehad a new girlfriend called Rose.

 (Mike is in his room, alone, hears strange noises, voices, screamings, many voices saying: remember me? We are here.)

Mike: WHAT IS THIS!? (He hears somebody saying  “open the wardrobe”) Ok…ok… I will open it, BUT STOP! (He opens the wardrobe)The Wave Amplifier? I haven’t seen it for six years! (He turns it on, but a robotic hand takes him into the wave amplifier)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario